Fortescue is now consistently producing more than 170 million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead, establishing itself for future growth in a global market through innovation, product diversification and asset development.
The company is scheduled to commence production at its Iron Bridge magnetite mine in mid-2022.
Iron Bridge is Fortescue’s US$2.6 billion project, set to deliver 22mtpa of high grade 67% Fe magnetite concentrate product. Located 145km by road south of Port Hedland, the mine will deliver an innovative process design and industry-leading energy efficient operation.
Title: Mining Surveyor
Work location: Iron Bridge
Roster: 8 days on and 6 days off; FIFO ex Perth
An opportunity currently exists for a Mine Surveyor’s to join our team at our Iron Bridge Mine. The Surveyor will be responsible for the accuracy and quality of all spatial information, collected and utilised ensuring that survey information is collected in a timely manner.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Establishing and maintaining of all survey control
- Calibrating and maintaining accuracy of machine guidance systems
- Ensuring all survey work complies with the requirements of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act
- Maintaining and preparing of all mine plans and spatial data management
- Maintaining all survey equipment.
- Liaising with senior professionals and operations personnel
- Production and reporting of End of Month pit volume reconciliation
- Promoting of company environmental, health, safety and operational policies and procedures
- Conduct survey pickups and ensuring these are checked against designs.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelor degree, advanced diploma or equivalent qualification in surveying with the ability to obtain a Grade 2 authorisation
- Surveying experience in deep open pit hard rock mining environment
- Previous experience with the use of GPS & Drones systems
- Previous experience with the use of laser scanners and point cloud software
- High level of computer skills; Knowledge of Python or similar programming language will be advantageous
- Experience with Autonomous mining & fleet management systems
- Use of mining CAD programs preferably Vulcan
- Use of Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Excel, Word
- Self-motivated and team orientated ; Experience using collaborative platforms like SharePoint, Trello , Confluence etc. will be advantageous
- Desirable RPAS qualifications
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment.
This is an exciting time to join Fortescue. We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.
Applications close: 04 Sep 2020 W. Australia Standard Time