The role of the electrical engineer is to provide technical and recommendations for electrical systems and components to improve the reliability and predictive maintenance tactics of HME equipment within Fortescue operations.
A key responsibility is to implement proactive initiatives to improve asset health, reduce expenditure and eliminate risk from operational tasks specific to electrical and autonomous equipment
Key accountabilities will include:
- Develop and implement asset management standards for electrical components and systems within the HME fleet across FMG operations
- Implement fleet improvement ideas based on detailed examination of recurring issues and trends with electrical system componentry and mobile autonomous systemsd
- Provide engineering support to all sites to ensure that equipment is maintained in accordance with FMG maintenance strategies, WOL plans and legislative standards
- Work with Asset Health Team to integrate on-board machine hardware with remote monitoring systems
- Develop and implement maintenance tactics to ensure optimal performance over the life of the asset
Qualifications and skills required:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering
- Mining and heavy mobile equipment experience is desirable
- 3-4 Years experience in an electrical, maintenance or reliability engineering role
- Strong conceptual thinking and analytical focus
- Excellent problem solving skills and continual improvement focus
- Knowledge of computer management systems (SAP, MS Office etc)
- Communication, Facilitation and Presentation skills
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue.
We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.